Pharsight Job Opening - VP Pharmacokinetic Services

From: Jana Zavala <jzavala>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:27:34 -0800

Job Title: VP of PK Services

Location: Cary, NC (other locations considered)

Pharsight Corporation is seeking a strong Scientist with expertise in
Population PK/PD modeling, project management, regulatory experience and
business development skills to head up its growing Pharmacokinetic
Services business unit. This is a unique opportunity that will require
both tactical and strategic contribution driving our growth in this
burgeoning market. In this role, you will drive our top line growth,
oversee production of regulatory-quality population PK analyses and
reports, and be a high-impact contributor to our team world-class drug
development scientists.

About Pharsight Corporation
Pharsight Corporation is a science-based company with a mission to
enable fundamental improvements in the clinical development of
therapeutic products. Pharsight's solutions enable pharmaceutical and
biotechnology companies to make rapid decisions in the clinical process.
Pharsight, headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., provides modeling and
simulation software such as WinNonlin for pharmacokinetic and
pharmacodynamic modeling, the Pharsight Knowledge Server (PKS) data
repository and the Trial Simulator program. Pharsight also provides
scientific consulting to apply and deploy those technologies for
clients. Pharsight serves more than 1,000 pharmaceutical and biotech
clients. Pharsight's modeling software was recently awarded the Bio-IT
Grand Prize Award for Best Practices.

Job Description
This role will have primary responsibility for business development and
project management for the PK Services unit. Runs all aspects of
project management for PK Services - scoping; bidding; data analyses;
report production. As business increases, will lead the building of a
team of scientists and extend the value proposition of PK Services in
the marketplace.

Highly Qualified Candidate Profile
* PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Statistics or Biostatistics
* At least 5 years of experience performing clinical
pharmaceutical data analysis and report production
* At least 3 years of experience performing Population PK/PD
modeling
* Excellent project management, writing and presentation skills
* Significant experience in reporting and analysis meeting
regulatory standards
* Ability to identify PK services market opportunities through
strategic business development activities
* Expert-level skills with NONMEM and S-Plus software

Pharsight offers an excellent compensation package as well as health and
financial benefits. Besides our dynamic culture of providing software
and scientific services solutions that have high impact on drug
development, we also offer flexibility in work schedules and locations.

For Immediate Consideration Please Contact:
Jana Zavala, HR Manager, jzavala

To view this job on our career website, please click here:
http://www.pharsight.com/about/posting_VP%20of%20PK%20Services.php

Pharsight Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer

For more information about Pharsight, please visit www.pharsight.com
<http://www.pharsight.com/>

3/2/07