Re: AUC and segmented post treatment exposure

From: Nick Holford <n.holford>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 02:36:13 +1200

Joel,

It is certainly possible to get NONMEM to predict the AUC over discrete time segments (assuming you have an adequate parametric model for the concentration) e.g.

$SUBR ADVAN6
$MODEL
COMP (AUC)
COMP (C)
COMP (...) ; other compartments if you wish
$DES
C=A(2)/V1
DADT(1)=C
DADT(2)=derivative for PK model
DADT(3)=...

You can specify in the data file a CMT item of -1 and EVID=2 to reset the AUC compartment at the end of each discrete segment if you want to get the discrete AUC values in the table file. But its also easy to simply subtract the cumulative AUCs in the table file after NONMEM has generated its output.

Why do you want to do this?

Nick

--
Nick Holford, Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland, 85 Park Rd, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand