Absorption delay NOT completed before the next dose is given

From: Samtani, Mahesh [PRDUS] <MSamtani>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:04:01 -0400

Dear NM users,

NM help files says the following about ALAG

"When additional doses are specified on a dose event record, the =
absorption
lag time applies to the dose and to all the additional doses. In this =
case
the lag time should not exceed the (length of the) interdose interval"

My questions are
a) Why doesn't ADDL work for the above specific case?
b) I am running linear models with ADVAN2 and ADVAN5 and absorption =
delay
is NOT completed before the next dose is given. Due to the problem =
stated
above I am not using ADDL. Instead I have a dosing record at every time =
dose enters the depot compartment. Will this circumvent the problem =
stated
above? In other words does ALAG always have to be smaller than II and =
why?

Please advice…MNS