20 variable limit in $INPUT

From: andreas.krause
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:43:11 +0100

I am looking for a solution to get around the limit of 20 input variables
in nonmem.
The message you get with more than 20 variables in $INPUT is this:

  16 $INPUT: NO. OF DATA ITEMS EXCEEDS 20.
STOP 4 statement executed

I did not find anything in the archives or on the Web. I recall having
successfully done that in nonmem V, and I think it was about changing the
value of 20 to another value in a few files.
My original naive idea was that this was just a single change to the SIZES
file in nm VI but that seems to not be the case.

To keep the discussion focused, I am not looking for workarounds like
solutions with concatenated values and an indicator variable.
For a change I am trying to get the software to adapt to the user's needs
instead of the usual opposite situation.

Thanks for any pointers.

   Andreas

-----

Andreas Krause, PhD
Lead Scientist Modeling and Simulation

Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Gewerbestrasse 16
CH-4123 Allschwil
Switzerland

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email.
The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company. For further information about Actelion please see our website at http://www.actelion.com