RE: 20 variable limit in $INPUT

From: Mark Sale - Next Level Solutions <mark>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:41:17 -0700
Andreas,
You are correct that there isn't an easy way to = change the limit of 20 data items
But, I know of 2 possible solutions:
1.  The official way. There is a way to do continuation lines in= nonmem data sets, documentation below.  But I have found this pretty = cumbersome.
2.  The hack.  When I've needed this it usually wa= s to examine a large number of covariates (sponsors will want everything im= aginable looked at).  You can read in a separate data set that contain= s covariates.  This is easiest if the covariates are constant within a= subject, but can be done if they change.  I don't seem to have the co= de on this computer, but I have it on a CD somewhere.  If you need it = I'll dig it up.
Mark

 ___________________________________________________________________ |                                                                 |
= | CONT DATA ITEM |
|__= _______________________________________________________________|

ME= ANING: Continuation (CONT) data item for PREDPP
CONTEXT: $INPUT record = and NONMEM data set

USAGE:
$INPUT ... CONT ...

DISCUSSI= ON:
CONT labels PREDPP's continuation (CONT) data item. The continuat= ion
data item is optional. The CONT data item allows a PREDPP ev= ent
record to span several data records. It is useful when more than = 20
data items are needed to describe a single event. When the CONT d= ata
item is not defined on the $INPUT record, every event record consi= sts
of a single data record.

Values are:

0 This is t= he last or only data record of the event record.

1 This and the = succeeding record are both members of the same event
record. MDV = must be 1.

PREDPP ignores records having CONT=1, except to pass t= hem to the PK
and ERROR routines as part of the complete event re= cord. Values of
PREDPP data items such as EVID, AMT, etc., are signifi= cant only on the
final record of each event record, i.e., on records ha= ving CONT=0.

With NM-TRAN abbreviated code, values on data recor= ds having CONT=1
are not available for use as right-hand quantitie= s, i.e., abbreviated
code cannot reference the values in data records o= ther than the last
of each event record. (It would be possible to r= eference such values
using verbatim code, however). When NM-TRAN perfo= rms time translation
or ii conversion, it does so only for the event re= cords having CONT=0.
(See date, time, ii).

REFERENCES: Guide VI Sectio= n II, V.A, V.I
REFERENCES: Guide IV Section V.B, V.= C.5

Mark Sale MD
Next Level Solutions, LLC
www.NextLevelSolns.com
919-846-9185