Betr.: 20 variable limit in $INPUT

From: Rob ter Heine <Rob.terHeine>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:49:28 +0100

Dear Andreas,

Isn't the limit you're referring to the maximum amount of etas/thetas, =
these can be adjusted (see: http://www.icondevsolutions.com/nonmem_tip20.ht=
m )

As far as I known the amount of data items can not be adjusted. If some of =
them are not in use, you can use the DROP data item. The complete column =
will be removed in the analysis.

" If DROP (or SKIP) is used as a data item label or synonym, the data
 item type will not appear in the NONMEM data set. DROP (or SKIP) may
 be used with more than one item."

Cheers,

Rob

_______________________________
Rob ter Heine, MSc, PharmD
Department of Pharmacology, Slotervaart Hospital
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E: rob.terheine
T: +31-20-5124737

>>> <andreas.krause
I am looking for a solution to get around the limit of 20 input =
variables
in nonmem.
The message you get with more than 20 variables in $INPUT is this:

  16 $INPUT: NO. OF DATA ITEMS EXCEEDS 20.
STOP 4 statement executed

I did not find anything in the archives or on the Web. I recall having
successfully done that in nonmem V, and I think it was about changing =
the
value of 20 to another value in a few files.
My original naive idea was that this was just a single change to the =
SIZES
file in nm VI but that seems to not be the case.

To keep the discussion focused, I am not looking for workarounds like
solutions with concatenated values and an indicator variable.
For a change I am trying to get the software to adapt to the user's =
needs
instead of the usual opposite situation.

Thanks for any pointers.

   Andreas

-----

Andreas Krause, PhD
Lead Scientist Modeling and Simulation

Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Gewerbestrasse 16
CH-4123 Allschwil
Switzerland

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is =
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended =
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is =
prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify the =
sender immediately and destroy this email.
The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by =
letter.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, =
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to =
state them to be the views of the sender's company. For further information=
 about Actelion please see our website at http://www.actelion.com