Pharmacometrician/Pharmacokineticist at AstraZeneca R& D Södertälje.

From: Visser, Sandra <Sandra.Visser>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:47:41 +0100

Temporary position as Pharmacometrician/Pharmacokineticist within the =
in-vivo section, DMPK, at AstraZeneca R&D Sdertlje.
The Arena
AstraZeneca is one of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies whose success =
is built upon good science and innovation and we have an exciting =
discovery portfolio. In Sdertlje, the discovery research is =
focussed on CNS and Pain Control. At the DMPK department, we are =
involved in project work from project generation to CD selection with =
the screening and characterization of in vitro and in vivo ADME =
properties of compounds. The in vivo section supports in vivo =
pharmacokinetics and provides pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) =
analysis to the projects.
We are now looking for a Pharmacometrician/Pharmacokineticist to join =
our team in Sdertlje.
The Role
You will participate in the screening process of chemical compounds in =
drug discovery with regards to pharmacokinetics and you will be involved =
in establishing PKPD (pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamic) relationships. =
Planning, coordination as well as active participation in studies is =
part of your work, and you will be responsible for gathering and =
presenting the study results to project teams. Furthermore, you will be =
working with understanding of the correlation between in-vitro and =
in-vivo ADME properties and the relationship between pharmacokinetics =
and pharmacodynamic responses including biomarkers for mechanism of =
action.
Collaboration with other team members and other researchers within and =
outside AstraZeneca R&D is key in our drug discovery process, which =
means that you need to be able to represent the department on scientific =
meetings and at project presentations.
Requirements
* You have a PhD in pharmaceutical sciences.
* You have previous work experience within pharmacokinetics and =
understand the physiological mechanisms behind absorption, distribution, =
metabolism and excretion.
* Previous experience with PK and PKPD (in pre-clinical phase) as well =
as in-vitro and in-vivo ADME assays is needed.
* The applicant should have a good working knowledge in spoken and =
written English
* Experience with WinNonLin, Nonmem and Berkeley Madonna
Success factors
* Capability to develop own work tasks
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Result driven
* High degree of flexibility
* Structured way of working
* Works collaboratively
* Problem solving
More Information
Applications should go via www.astrazeneca.com, carreers, sweden, =
english vacancies: Pharmacometrician/Pharmacokineticist, =
temporary-SOD000000IZ SE-Sodertalje
For more information please contact: Annette Persson (+46 8553 27507) or =
Janet Hoogstraate (+46 8553 25810). We would like your application no =
later than March 29, 2009.