RE: Log transformation of concentration

From: Elassaiss - Schaap, J. <jeroen.elassaiss>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:57:13 +0100

Leonid,

Agreed! (the quotes around true are important of course). There
obviously is a better phrase for "prediction 'mode'" as I used it, but
it is more technical and general: "expectation".

It is important to be aware of these differences in expectation between
untransformed and log-transformed models (only) when comparing typical
subject predictions to a data average.

In general the differences in expectation and the differences in the
error model, as you elegantly described in your preceding post, are not
clearly mentioned when introducing students to the method of
log-transformation, to my opinion something that should be improved
upon.

Best regards,
Jeroen