AW: Meta-analysis with Nonmem

From: Garmann, Dirk <Dirk.Garmann>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:13:43 +0100

Dear Guangli,
You can use normal distribution as an assumption and simulate N individua=
ls with one observation per individual based on the given N, mean and SD.=
 Then, the values calculated based on simulated data should be similar to=
 the used literature data. The combined dataset based on different studie=
s (with N, mean, SD) should reflect the "real" situation.
You can use this dataset to develop a base PK/PD model
However, any covariate relationship will not be considered

I full agree with Nick to use the parameter itself instead of CFB. If you=
 have different studies, some with CFB, some with Baseline and the parame=
ter itself, a solution might be to use CFB and consider baseline as a cov=
ariate.

Best regards
Dirk

Dirk Garmann, PhD
Clinical Scientific Expert /Pharmacokineticist
Merz Pharmaceuticals
Eckenheimer Landstrasse 100
60318 Frankfurt
Phone +49 (69) 1503 720