Questions about the raw output file in NM7

From: Sebastien Bihorel <Sebastien.Bihorel>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:28:11 -0500

Dear NMusers,

I would like to have your help on two issues regarding the raw output
file in NM7:

1- when using $ESTIMATION PRINT=0 with "old" estimation methods (FO,
FOCE, FOCEI, HYBRID and Laplacian), the raw output files only contain
the -1000000000 line plus possibly the -1000000001, -1000000002 and
-1000000003 lines. With new estimation methods, the files also contain
data at iteration 0. Is there an option we can use with old estimation
method to request the iteration 0 data to be written into the raw output
files?

2- when an estimation step is requested after a simulation step with
NSUB>1, the raw output file only reports the result of the last
simulation/estimation run. E.g. when I tried the following code,

$SIM (1212345) NSUB=3
$ESTIMATION METHOD=COND FILE=whatever.est PRINT=1 MAXEVAL=5000 NOABORT

only TABLE NO. 3 was reported in whatever.est. By stopping the run at
different times, I found out that the content of the file is actually
overwritten at each sub-problem. Is there a option that would append the
new content to the file rather than overwriting it?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Sebastien Bihorel