IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1, 64bit-systems, NONMEM7

From: markus joerger <markus.joerger>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:45:22 +0100

dear NONMEM-users,

It is one month that I try installing NONMEM on a 64-bit WIN7 system. First
I understood that IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1 was necessary because
good-old CompaqVisualFotran is not
compatible with 64-bit systems. By installing IntelVisualFortran 11.1, it
became clear that Microsoft
software-development-kits (SDK) have also to be installed. After (seemingly)
successful installation
of SDK and IntelVisualFotran 11.1, the software indicates
installation-command to be "ifort".

However, when trying to install NONMEM7 via MS-DOS and typing:

D:
SETUP7 D: C:\nm7 ifort y link reg norec i unzip.exe nonmem7e.zip
nonmem7r.zip

...compiler check fails, and "ifort" is not recognized, respectively.

Since I am not getting further help from ICON, I wonder if other users have
encountered similar problems. Generally, installation with new
IntelVisualFortran Compiler seems rather complex, especially for setting the
environmental properties.

thanks for any idea about how to proceed

best regards

Markus

--
Markus Joerger MD PhD