Re: RE: IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1, 64bit-systems, NONMEM7

From: nonmem
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:37:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Colleagues,

We have somewhat similar issues. We try to use gfortran and Windows Vista. When we look at versions of gfortran, some of them say that they are good for both 32 and 64 bit computers. Thus, it looks like they are 32 versions which can work on 64bit computers. They do not take advantage of a 64bit computer, but they work. When I try to use a version that does not mention 32 bit, it does not work. Eventually, we all will have 64bit computers. Does 64bit fortran have any advantages over 32bit fortran when it works with NONMEM7? It is a key question.

Tahnks,
Pavel