Re: IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1, 64bit-systems, NONMEM7

From: Xavier Woot de Trixhe <xavier.wootdetrixhe>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:36:51 +0100

Hi,

    For a 64bit platform you need 64bit processor, 64bit OS and 64 bit
software...
    Assuming you are using WinXP you will have 32bit OS between your 64
bit processors and software...

    Discussing the advantages of 64 bit over 32bit is, in my opinion, a
moot point: the industry has gone from 16bit to 32 in the past so will
now go to 64.
    That's just a fact and in essence the only decision left to you is
WHEN to switch to 64bit.

    We have done some tests using the 64-bit intel fortran compiler that
have shown that NONMEM7 gives exactly the same results on Win7, Linux,
and MacOSX. (64bit versions). So if you choose to change sooner rather
than later you can get extra mileage out of your 64bit XP machines for
free by giving 64bit Linux a try or by buying Win7 licenses.

K. Regards,

Xavier Woot de Trixhe

nonmem