Re: scaling problem??

From: Leonid Gibiansky <LGibiansky>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:20:29 -0400

Hi Varsha
You may use everything in the original variables (dose in mg, conc in
iU/mL) but your parameters will be defined up to the transformation
Fu=iU/mg (amount of iU in each mg).

Without knowing this value, the only thing that you determine from the
data is CL/Fu, V/Fu, etc.

You may explore the analogy between bioavailability and this unit
transformation: if you would know Fu, you could have dose in mg, but use
bioavailability-like parameter F1 =Fu (F2=Fu, etc.) thus transforming
your dose from mg to iU. Since you do not know Fu, it cannot be (similar
to bioavailability, if there is no IV formulation) defined from the data.

So the short answer: no transformation is necessary but all the
parameters will be defined as CL/Fu, V/Fu, etc. It will not interfere
with the group comparison since (CL/Fu)_1/(CL/Fu)_2 = CL_1/CL_2, etc..

Thanks
Leonid

Leonid Gibiansky, Ph.D.
President, QuantPharm LLC