Prediction with parameter estimates on new data

From: Lib Gray <libgray3827>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:36:20 -0500

Hello NMusers,

I am new to NONMEM, and I am unsure how to use parameter estimates for
prediction with new data. More specifically, I have a K/PD nonlinear mixed
effects model developed in NONMEM, and I want to check its predictive power
in a specific way. The data I've been using has about 500 patients, each
with multiple dosing (AMT) and effect (DV) measurements. Most patients have
many measurements, spanning several months.

What I want to do is use the population estimates (and potentially also the
between-subject variability estimates) from fitting the model to my entire
data set to generate the predicted effects using only early data (for
example, the first 3 months). I have the population estimates from fitting
the model to all data, and I want to generate the model predicted effects
using only early effect data (though with all dosing data), so that I can
asses the model predicted effects for later time points.

I am new to NONMEM, and am unsure if there is a way with NONMEM or PsN of
using previous estimates on new data, in this specific way. I am looking
into using R's deSolve package, since my model contains two differential
equations, but I wanted to know if there was a more direct way.

Thanks for any help,
Lib Gray