[NMusers] Intership opportunity at Janssen R&D (JNJ) in PA and NJ, USA

From: Zhang, Liping [JRDUS] <LZhang11_at_its.jnj.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:04:36 +0000

Dear NMusers,

The Clinical Pharmacology (CP) department at Janssen R&D (JRD) is sponsorin=
g a summer internship program to nurture and train individuals who can cont=
ribute to our goal of discovering and developing innovative medicines. Stu=
dents will have an opportunity to be exposed to end-to-end drug development=
 and the development of clinical pharmacology strategy in an industry setti=
ng. Summer internships are available for students working towards a Pharm =
D, MD, or PhD in their final years in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology=
 or a related field focusing on quantitative analyses of biological systems=
/processes. A successful candidate shall have solid understanding on PK/PD =
and hands-on modeling skills. Proficiency with NONMEM, R, Phoenix, etc is p=
referred. Understanding on clinical study design, experimental approaches f=
or meeting clinical trial objectives relating to pharmacokinetic/pharmacody=
namic assessments, landscape/meta-analysis is strongly preferred.

These paid internship assignments are designed for graduate level students =
in their final year of their training. Students work under one or more han=
ds-on scientists who provide mentorship during the 10- to 12-week internshi=
p (May to Aug). This program may be based in our Titusville campus in New J=
ersey or Spring house campus in Pennsylvania.

Qualified students should submit their resume to Dr. Damayanthi Devineni (d=
devinen_at_its.jnj.com<mailto:ddevinen_at_its.jnj.com>) as soon as possible. The =
students should also formally apply for these positions at our HR portal: Q=
uantitative Sciences Job Number: 00000WVS; Link: http://jobs.jnj.com/s/TqVo=
YN.

Thank you!

Liping Zhang

Janssen R&D, the Pharmaceutical Company of JNJ