[NMusers] question about random seed for simulation

From: Zhu, Penny <penny.zhu_at_sandoz.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 18:19:09 +0000

Dear All
I have finished a multiple dose simulation for 600 subjects and want to per=
form a single dose simulation (different sampling time) on the same subject=
s (same ETA as the first simulation). I used the same seed for the simulat=
ion step, it turned out the first subject was the same and the rest of the =
subjects are not and I am not sure whether this was due to the fact that th=
e two simulation has different number TIME records. If so, I wonder what i=
s the proper way to set the simulation seed so that the ETAs for the second=
 simulation will be identical to the first one.

I know that I could output the individual parameter estimate from the first=
 simulation and import them into the second one. But I was thinking if the=
 random seed can be synchronized between the two simulation, it could be an=
 easier solution.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Thank you very much and best regards!

Penny (Peijuan) Zhu, Ph.D.
Associate Director Clinical Pharmacology

Cell: 862-926-9079

PD Bio-Pharma CDMA
Sandoz
1N025, 100 College Road West